Getting quality leads that can easily be converted into paying customers is the goal of every B2B agency. And, the process of getting these leads is known as lead generation. An effective lead generation helps you grow your overall customer base, scale your agency, and generate more revenue. This is the reason why it is deemed highly crucial for every B2B organization looking forward to growing their businesses.
However, the process isn’t as easy as it sounds. In today’s overly chaotic and competitive market, generating quality leads is something that many companies struggle with. In fact, there are some major organizations that also face challenges while generating leads for their businesses. But, the best part is, that you can overcome them by learning the challenges and becoming more aware of them.
So, what are the challenges faced in lead generation by most of the B2B companies? Let’s continue reading this article to find out the challenges that companies struggle with and the easy way to overcome them.
The Common Lead Generation Challenges & Ways to Overcome Them
- Identifying Your Target Market & Their Needs
Assessing your target market and their requirements should be the very beginning of a perfect lead generation strategy. Unfortunately, a lot of companies fail to understand their target marketing. As a result, they just send out emails or direct mailers but with very little possibility of conversion. In fact, it is said that in B2B lead generation, if you come up with a random strategy without understanding your target marketing, the chances of conversion are most likely zero percent. Once in a while, you may be able to strike a deal but it won’t lead your company to the growth that you have been looking for. So, what’s the solution?
- Solution: Well, to overcome this particular challenge, business needs hours and hours of research. So, invest in your marketing team and find some experts to conduct in-depth research about your target market before you send out any emails or direct mailers. After all, B2B is all about providing a solution for a particular problem. And, it’s not possible to do that without doing extensive research about the target customers.
- Prospects Ignoring Your Sales Calls
One of the effective and reliable strategies for B2B lead generation is cold-calling. Cold calling is basically a process where you directly call your customers and elaborate more about your services and solutions. However, the worst part of cold-calling faced by most marketers is that prospects often ignore the sales call. People are so caught up with their lives that they often tend to ignore any type of sales call. And it is a pretty regular phenomenon in the B2B industry. In fact, the most challenging part for marketers.
People hang up, don’t answer, or don’t even bother to check the voicemails is a common frustration among marketers. In some of the worst cases, sales representatives quit their jobs because they are unable to convert any leads. We understand the tiring and tough journey of it. This is the reason we’ve come up with a solution. After all, every problem can be overcome by proper guidance. So, here goes the solution,
- Solution: Research your buyer’s persona. The reason that most customers hang up is because they assume that you will be unable to provide any value for them. However, this can be solved by understanding your customers and their preferences. In addition, you can show some real hacks to make the conversation more engaging and authoritative.
- The Sudden Rise in Ad Prices
Using paid advertisement is another process leveraged by many of the B2B brands. However, after the recent COVID-19 pandemic, ad prices have suddenly gone up due to inflation. As more and more number of people are using the web now, the competition has rapidly increased, and so have the prices for advertisements. Now, for a lot of brands, it is becoming a real challenge to increase their ad budget to keep up with the present scenario. So, what would you do in this case?
- Solution: Well, the best part is that if you can keep it up, you will get noticeable results. However, with a sliced budget, it is important to understand how to place an ad perfectly. So, for that, you need to conduct good research about user personas and ICP and then you have to target those highly specific keywords that have less competition. It’s because the broader keywords you will target, the higher prices you will have to pay, and vice versa. So, it’s important to be highly specific with your keywords and use only those while placing the ads to lower your budget.
- Lack of Effective Lead Generation Strategy
It may sound weird but most of the brands looking forward to growing their businesses effectively with B2B lead generation don’t have a relevant strategy in their hand. And, running a lead generation campaign without a strategy is like walking in a new city without GPS. So, without a strategy, the process of acquiring new leads becomes even more challenging and tiring at the same time. And, with so many options to acquire leads including direct mailing, affiliated marketing, email marketing, content marketing, social media, cold-calling, and SEO, it becomes even more confusing when it comes to developing a perfectly effective lead generation strategy.
- Solution: So, what do you do in this case? Well, first of all, focus on building a strategy by outlining your business goals, identifying your target customers, creating relevant content, promoting them, and measuring your KPIs. There are even experts whom you can leverage if you’re struggling to craft a perfect strategy for your business. It will be a lot easier and smoother journey ahead.
Being one of the top-tier B2B lead generation companies, SocialBloom helps people deal with the B2B lead generation challenges by providing highly qualified leads under one shade. If you’re wondering how to overcome lead generation challenges, schedule a discovery call with us now!